- Accounting & Auditing
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Restructuring & Turnaround
- Growth Strategy
- Public Commentary
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Fellow Institute of Chartered Accountants of Jamaica
John is Chief Executive Officer of Jamaican Teas and has been integral to the decision-making and equity investment done by the Jamaican Teas Group. He brings his penchant for diligence and probity to the Board.
He lives by the inspiration of his late father and Co-Founder, Adeeb J. Mahfood, a man of “honesty, integrity and hard work”. This is the driving philosophy behind the growth and transition of Jamaican Teas from the acquisition of its predecessor, the Tetley Tea Company in 1996, to the Jamaican Teas Group, which has made a major impact in the marketplace since listing on the Junior Market of the Jamaica Stock Exchange in 2010.
QWI Investments has the expertise to guide and manage your investments. Our strength is your advantage.
He is responsible for developing and implementing guidelines, internal controls and human resource procedures at Jamaican Teas and is experienced in local and international retail and trading.
He has received several awards including recognition as a Jamaica Observer Business Leader nominee. Under his leadership, Jamaican Teas has received local and international recognition Including:
- Champion Exporter and Champion Manufacturer by the Jamaica Manufacturers’ and Exporters’ Associations.
- The conferment of coveted HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) certification, the internationally recognized risk-based system for managing food safety and
- OK Kosher Certification for the Company’s Caribbean Dreams line of Herbal Teas.
November 23, 2020
August 28, 2020
Since 31 March 2020, QWI’s NAV has showed steady recovery, increasing by 13 percent from 95 cents to $1.07 as at 7 August. QWI invests in a series of Blue Chip companies in Jamaica and a number of USA stocks. The Company’s US portfolio is up almost 34 percent in Jamaican dollar terms over theAugust 10, 2020